Monday, October 22, 2012

Print Making

1. Describe the overall composition of your artwork (balance, unity, rhythm and movement). 
 I think my overall composition flowed together nicely. The positive and negative space defined the piece well and there weren't any rough shapes or anything that stood out in a bad way.
  
2. How did you add texture and contrast to your print? Is this important? Why?
I added a lot of different lines to show all the feathers on the parrot. Yes, it is important because without texture and contrast, the print would look plain and wouldn't catch the viewer's eye.  

3. Explain how you used positive and negative space to show your image.
I used negative space to outline all the shapes. The positive space was used to fill in the different shapes. 

4. Describe the craftsmanship of your print. (How good the project is technically crafted) 
I think the overall craftsmanship of my print was good. The only things that didn't really look good were the big pieces i had to cut out. It was hard to keep all the pieces leveled and it just looked really messy. But when I printed, it didn't make a difference so it was fine.

5. Were you able to achieve depth by showing a foreground, middle ground and back- ground? Explain.
Yes, but unlike most of the other prints, my animal was in the foreground. There were some buildings in the middle ground and the river and the rest of the city was in the background.

6. Explain your experience with Printmaking. What were the obstacles and advantages?
The hardest thing was making the print look realistic. You can't shade and add value so you really have to pay attention to the different shapes in the print. In my print, there were also a lot of little details that were kind of hard to carve into linoleum. Figuring out which parts of the drawing to cut out was also a challenge.



 

1 comment:

  1. I like how realistic your print turned out to be and I also like the contrast between the ink color and the color of your paper. It came out really realistic and neat.

    ReplyDelete