Friday, December 7, 2012

Game Drawings in Perspective

I think my overall piece turned out pretty good. The colored pencils on top of light washes of watercolor  really helped add value and made the overall product look a lot more realistic. I think this piece is pretty successful because it looks so realistic. Drawing the actual game was pretty easy because it was in one-point perspective and there was only one vanishing point instead of two. The horizon was also closer to the top and it was tilted, which made it a little harder.One of the hardest parts was drawing the game piece, Peter Pan. I think I found it hard because I'm not the best at drawing people and the game piece had a lot of human characteristics. Another hard part was that many of the objects were overlapping, so I had to figure out where to put the different shadows so it looked realistic. If I was to do this project over again, I would probably take my time and blend a lot better. It's hard to blend some of the some of the colored pencils, so sometimes blending turns out sloppy. I think my blending in the game piece is somewhat sloppy. Overall, I like the way the piece turned out. The different values with the colored pencils helped bring out the different highlights on in the game board. This project taught me how colored pencil on top of light washed of watercolor makes the color look a lot brighter and stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment